Strategic Risks Insights Podcast
Darren collaborates through Internal Consulting Group (Global) with 4,500 other specialists, boutiques and global corporate advisors from 8 different countries to provide agile, value focussed and unbundled Strategic Risk advisory services.
He brings new understanding and insights to your team about how to manage the risks firms face today that are often intangible, connected and strategic in nature.
The result: new initiatives that helps firms create a competitive advantage in a complex and dynamic competitive landscape.
The ICG platform-based ecosystem
• replaces the traditional “fixed cost pyramid” – providing greater value for money
• provides experienced consultants with specific skills – delivering better outcomes
• focuses on specific areas – novel IP based solutions and differentiated offerings
• delivers brilliant thinking – expertly implemented via the disruptive digital platform
• Darren has more than 20 years’ international experience in senior advisory and industry leadership positions
• As a Management Consultant, he has gained a number of unique experiences across corporate strategy, risk and capital
• Industry experience includes Chief Risk Officer and Head of Enterprise Risk Management at FTSE 100 firms
• Extensive international leadership experience influencing Executive Management Teams, Non-Executive Directors and Regulators
• Led discussions with the United Kingdom regulators in preparation for Solvency II Internal Model Approval Process and Section 166 Skilled Persons Reports
• Created the vision for and launched a regulated InsurTech start-up, built the core team and negotiated a commercial partnership with an incumbent insurer
IP Based Solutions
• Strategy mapping – better alignment of risk to business priorities
• Optimising the risk / return profile – focusing on value creation / value capture activities
• Digital transformation – embedding enabling practices and managing new risks
• Business insight and innovation – creating sources of competitive advantage
• Agile enterprise risk management – more flexible deployment of resources
• Enterprise Risk Management customer experiences and risk analytics – greater dynamism in stakeholder engagement
• Honorary Visiting Fellow, Faculty of Management, Digital Leadership Research Centre, Cass Business School
• Programme Director, Beazley Business Insight and Innovation, Cass Executive Education, Cass Business School
• Executive MBA, Strategy and Finance, Cass Business School
• Chartered Insurance Risk Manager (ACII), Chartered Insurance Institute
• Certified Fellow (CFIRM), Institute of Risk Management
• Advisory Board Member, Startupbootcamp InsurTech CoLab
• Digital Transformation. What is the impact of digital transformation on the Chief Risk Officer role and how will this influence the evolution of Enterprise Risk Management in the insurance industry? Reciproco Group (April 2019).
• Optimising the Risk / Return Profile. Towards aligning Corporate Strategy, Business Model Categorisation and Risk Appetite. Reciproco Group (Feb 2019)
• Worth a seat at the table? Redefining the role of the Insurance CRO. Institute of Risk Management (Sept 2016). Co-author of The Institute of Risk Management publication setting out its vision of how the role of the insurance Chief Risk Officer will have to change.